My name is Shelby. For most my life I swore I would never sew, quilt or do anything with a thread and fabric.
Yet, here I am. I design quilt patterns inspired by the places I travel to. I am based in south Asia and frequently travel with my husband and four kids.
About my Patterns:
I like to design my patterns geared toward the beginner to intermediate quilter. My patterns usually don't require special rulers which helps make them affordable to someone just starting out. I like fast finish quilts because I've got four kids and very little time to quilt each day.
A couple facts about me:
- I'm color blind (I prefer color challenged), so my husband helps me choose fabrics.
- Buy me a fancy coffee and we are best friends.
- My husband and I are opposites.
- I learned to quilt by asking questions and have never taken a quilting class.
- I speak Hindi and Urdu enough to get around.
- I regularly see water buffalo, camels and monkeys outside my house.
- I home school my kids.
- I have traveled to 15 countries and counting.
- I love cheesy, sappy hallmark movies.
Here I am on one of our family adventures with my second youngest.